Columbus To-DO List

My first Columbus To-Do List activity was to go to German Village, explore The Book Loft, and eat at Schmidt’s Sausage Haus und Restaurant. I found these activities on these activities by wanting to do the Local Food Favorites List but then decided to explore the area and The Book Loft. Prior to completing the first activity, I was most looking forward to the German food and the aesthetic of German Village. When completing my Columbus To-Do List this semester, I am hoping to gain more confidence in my ability to be independent when exploring Columbus and become more knowledgeable about the city.

My first Columbus To-Do List activity was amazing and I had a great time with Ted, my close friend in ENR Scholars. We made the decision to go to German Village on a cold and rainy Sunday evening and took the Cota Bus to a stop as close as we could get to Schmidt’s. German Village looked like a dream because of the rain covered brick streets, Halloween decorations, and beautiful houses. It was perfect sweater weather as we huddled under a small umbrella, the only people in sight, laughing while we tried to avoid the branches of trees on the sidewalk. We finally made it to Schmidt’s which was warmly lit and nestled between houses and a street corner. The inside of the restaurant was rustic and cozy, which was exactly what we were looking for as an escape from the weather outside. I ordered a coffee and we both ordered a Bahama Mama Reuben and a vanilla crème puff, and everything was phenomenal. After our meal, we walked to The Book Loft and which is in a gorgeous large brick building. Each room we entered was packed with books of all kinds and it was a lot of fun to explore the building, find familiar books, and interesting new books as well. I would love to go back to German Village and would recommend German Village, The Book Loft, and Schmidt’s Sausage Haus und Restaurant to all of my friends.