About Me

Hello! My name is Amber Huffman. I am a first-year student pursuing a major in Natural Resource Management with a specialization in Parks and Recreation in the College of Food, Agriculture, and Environmental Science within the School of Environment and Natural Resources. I am also an Environment and Natural Resources Scholar and an ever aspiring environmental steward. I enjoy the outdoors, this includes, hiking, fishing, water sports, or gardening, and community service, especially in the special needs community.

My ultimate goal is to be an interpretive ranger for the National Park Service. This position interests me because I would like to show people the beauty of nature and the ways it impacts our lives. By showing the beauty of nature and teaching them its impacts on life, I want to inflame people’s passion for the outside world. While doing this, I hope that this fire will spread to touch the lives of as many people as possible who are willing to conserve nature for the current times and future generations. To help me reach my ultimate career goal of outdoor leadership, I am an American Heart Association Basic Life Support Provider and National Outdoor Leadership School Wilderness First Aid Provider. I have also been a Franklin County Metro Parks Naturalist Volunteer at Battelle Darby Creek and Prairie Oaks Metro Parks since September 2016. I have also volunteered as an Earth Team Conservation Aid for the Madison Soil and Water Conservation District from May 2017 to October 2017. Because of my volunteer efforts, I have been recognized by the Members of the 132nd Ohio Senate for receiving the Outstanding Earth Team Volunteer Award from the Madison Soil and Water Conservation District.

As I continue to further my education at The Ohio State University, I plan to diligently push to make a positive impact in my community, take advantage of opportunities that come my way, and be persistent in the pursuit of my own version of success. I am excited about the future and prepared to push myself to exceed my own perceived limitations. Please feel free to contact me with any inquiries and topics of discussion.