Congratulations on becoming a Buckeye!
New Ohio State undergraduate students (both new first-year students and transfer students) attend an Ohio State orientation program prior to enrollment. First, you will attend a University program which will introduce you to the University as well as resources and other important information. Second, you will attend programming offered by the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences. During this session, you will be introduced to a faculty member within the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, learn about the majors offered in our school, how our office can assist you in becoming a successful student and degree requirements for your intended major; including pre-requisites and general education courses. Then you will meet with an orientation advisor within the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences (HRS). During this appointment, your orientation advisor will discuss possible course planning, review any pending credits and provide suggestions for scheduling courses for your first semester.
Learn more about the role of an academic advisor and how to make the most of your advising relationship.
To schedule an orientation program, change your major or change your Orientation date, please contact University Orientation.
To ensure a successful orientation experience, please be sure to complete the following steps prior to your scheduled orientation. The HRS advising staff can best assist students who have completed these steps in advance.
1. Check your OSU email regularly and review all information you have received from both the University Orientation office and the School of Health & Rehabilitation Sciences.
2. Complete the Financial Responsibility Statement found on Buckeyelink. This must be completed to register for classes.
4. Request and send final transcripts to Ohio State from other institutions.
5. Request AP and IB results to be sent to Ohio State. Review this website to determine if you have earned credit for any course(s).
6. Some transfer credits transfer to Ohio State as “General, Special or Technical” credit. These courses will need to be further evaluated by the specific departments here on campus, please follow the steps outlined below to begin the evaluation process.
Gather syllabi from your previous institution for the course(s) in question. If you do not have a copy; contact that department at the school and request an electronic copy of the syllabus to be sent to your email.
Visit OSU’s Transfer Credit Coordinator Webpage: http://go.osu.edu/transfercred.
Find the course subject you are having evaluated. For example, if you are having a Chemistry course evaluated, scroll to the “C’s” for Chemistry or click “C” at the top.
Follow the instructions listed for that department’s process for sending in your syllabus and other information. Contact the department directly for clarification or questions.
Send your HRS Academic Advisor (HRSstudentservices@osumc.edu) the approval email you received from the department via email or in person so that adjustments can be made to your Degree Audit.