There are several opportunities to find student jobs on and around campus:
- Campus-Jobs Fair: A job fair featuring on-campus jobs and jobs near campus that want to hire OSU students is typically held during the first week of classes in Autumn semester.
- Internships: Buckeye Internships and Job Ready Ohio provides information to students about internship opportunities, both paid and unpaid.
- Work Study: The Student Financial Aid office offers information about work study positions that are a part of the students’ financial aid package. Some employment opportunities listed are open to all applicants, not just work-study.
- The Student Services Office hires work-study students once or twice per year. Students interested in this opportunity should contact an HRS advisor as close to the start of the academic term as possible.
- Wexner Medical Center: Students interested in applying for jobs at the Wexner Medical Center should check this site often- new positions are usually posted on a Tuesday or a Thursday. There are many applicants for each job posted and students may need to apply to several positions before they are hired.
Jobs After Graduation
- Handshake: Handshake has replaced Symplicity (also known as Buckeye Careers Network). Students will need to complete their profiles with details, such as work experiences, skills, interests and organizations. Next , students can explore the many resources and tools that are available in Handshake – from learning about jobs and industries to interview tips and resume templates.
- Many recent graduates will find employment at the Wexner Medical Center and other health systems within Ohio. Students who are members of professional organizations may also have access to national job postings through their professional websites.
- Network with fellow HRS alumni via LinkedIn and other social media.
- The OSU Alumni Association, which all graduating seniors receive one free year of membership to with the option to continue renewing their membership, has many career management opportunities including networking, job fairs, resume writing webinars, etc.
- What can I do with a non-certification degree?