Honor at The Ohio State University
The Health and Rehabilitation Sciences (HRS) honor program is developed to create a breadth of experience aligned with the University Honors Program’s GOALS of Global Awareness, Original Inquiry, Academic Enrichment, Leadership Development, and Service Engagement. Therefore, to graduate with Honors, students will complete activities across three domains to facilitate development in these core areas. These activities should reflect experiences that go above and beyond degree program requirements to ensure a supplemental experience worthy of such distinction. For questions, please contact the HRS Honor Director at HRShonorsprogram@osumc.edu.
Ohio State students can be eligible for honors programs in two different ways listed below:
- Admitted as a freshman to the Ohio State Honor Program. Please visit https://honors-scholars.osu.edu/honors for more information.
- Enrolled HRS students, either pre-major or major students, who meet each of the following requirements:
- Must have taken/received graded credit (not S/U, P/NP, EM, or K) for at least 15 credit hours at OSU but have not taken more than 60 earned graded credits at Ohio State;
- Must have a cumulative Ohio State GPA of 3.4 or higher.
If students feel they meet both requirements, please schedule an appointment with an HRS Academic Advisor by calling 614-292-1706. HRS Academic Advisors will assist students with understanding the Honors Application2023. Please note this process does not pertain to first-term HRS students with University honor enrollment.
Current Honor Student Information
Requirements to maintain honor status in HRS
- Maintain a 3.4 cumulative GPA at Ohio State while taking at least 60 graded credit hours (not S/U, P/NP) at Ohio State;
- Achieve the HRS honor programs’ established number of points from opportunities available per the three categories; HRS Honor Students must at least achieve a minimum of 13 honors points per year;
- Must have an Honor Contract with yearly updates on file with the HRS Honor Director.
HRS Honors Handbook
Current Honor or Honor Embedded HRS Courses
HTHRHSC 1100.01H (1c)
HTHRHSC 4193H (variable)
HTHRHSC 4998H (variable)
HTHRHSC 5900E (3c)
MEDLBS 5000E (3c)
MEDLBS 5050E (5c)
MEDLBS 5200E (3c)
- Opportunities form
- HRS Petition Course Form – petitions must be received and approved prior to the student registering for the course
- HRS Honors Verification Form – To verify the completion of opportunities listed in category II and III that cannot be verified via a student’s academic record, HRS Honor students must complete and submit this form when reporting honors’ opportunities.
- Degree Plan Worksheet