Honors at The Ohio State University
The Honors program in Health and Rehabilitation Sciences is developed to create a breadth of experience that are aligned with the University Honors Program’s GOALS of Global Awareness, Original inquiry, Academic enrichment, Leadership development and Service engagement. Therefore, to graduate with Honors, students will complete activities across three domains to facilitate development in each of these core areas. These activities should reflect experiences that go above and beyond degree program requirements to ensure a supplemental experience worthy of such distinction.
Ohio State students can be eligible for honors programs two different ways listed below:
- Admitted as a freshman to the Ohio State University Honors Program. Please visit https://honors-scholars.osu.edu/honors for more information.
- Enrolled HRS students, either pre-major or major students, who meet each of the following requirements:
- Must have taken/received graded credit (not S/U, P/NP, EM or K) for at least 15 credit hours at OSU but have not taken more than 60 earned graded credit at OSU;
- Must have a cumulative OSU GPA of 3.4 or higher.
If students feel that they meet both requirements, please schedule an appointment with the HRS Director of Student Services by calling 614-292-1706. The HRS Director of Student Services will assist students with understanding the HRS Honors Application. Please note, this process does not pertain to first term HRS students with University honor enrollment.
Current Honor Student Information
Requirements to maintain honor status in HRS
- Maintain a 3.4 cumulative GPA at OSU while taking at least 60 graded credit hours (not S/U, P/NP) at OSU;
- Achieve the HRS honor programs’ established number of points from opportunities available per the three categories; HRS Honors Students must at least achieve a minimum of 13 honors points per year;
- Must have an Honor’s Contract with yearly updates on file with the HRS Honor’s Director
2022 HRS Honors Handbook
Current Honor or Honor Embedded HRS Courses
HTHRHSC 1100.01H (1c)
HTHRHSC 4193H (variable)
HTHRHSC 4998H (variable)
HTHRHSC 5900E (3c)
MEDLBS 5000E (3c)
MEDLBS 5050E (5c)
MEDLBS 5200E (3c)
- Opportunities form
- HRS Petition Course Form – petitions must be received and approved prior to the student registering for the course
- HRS Honors Verification Form – To verify the completion of opportunities listed in category II and III that cannot be verified via a student’s academic record, HRS Honor students must complete and submit this form when reporting honors’ opportunities.