Student Forms


Background Check Forms – Students admitted to professional study in the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences are required to complete several requirements to be eligible to begin professional coursework in the School. Admitted students should print and read the following documents, and make arrangements to complete requirements as soon as possible.

Consortium Agreement Form – students may submit this form to have a portion of their OSU financial aid applied to courses taken at another university; limit of three agreements per academic career (scroll to the bottom of the page).

Course Add Request & Petition – students may submit this form for any course add requiring instructor permission.  Typically due by the 2nd Friday of the term.

Course Exception Request – email your HRS Academic Advisor for more information

Drop Request & Supplement – students may submit this form (front and back) to drop a course.  All students must submit this form by the 10th Friday of the term to drop with a “W”.  

  • Since the form says “Course Enrollment Permission” across the top, be sure to check the “Drop the Course” box on the bottom right side of the form and include the last date you attended the class
  • Instructor signature is not needed to drop a course
  • Click here to see an example of how you should fill out the form

Considerations for students who drop:

  • If they drop below full time, their tuition and fees may change. They can add a session 2 course if needed
  • If the student is retaking the course for grade forgiveness, the attempt will be returned to them
  • Will this impact time to degree?
  • At this point they are only eligible for a 50% refund of tuition/fees (if the drop would result in a refund)

What does a “W” do?

  • A “W” has no impact on GPA
  • A “W” may impact completion percentage for federal financial aid
  • A “W” does not impact graduate school applications unless the student shows a pattern of excessive withdrawals from enrolled coursework

Grade Forgiveness Petition – students can petition to retake a course at OSU for a better grade.  The old grade remains on the student’s transcript but is removed from the GPA.  All HRS majors accept grade forgiveness.  Students should keep in mind that grade forgiveness is an OSU Undergraduate policy only; graduate programs may not accept forgiveness (please contact the graduate program of interest to ask about their policies). 

For a traditional semester course (14 weeks), the online petition is due by the 10th Friday of the term that you would be re-taking the course and can be found under forms on the Registrar’s website.

Coursework taken outside of The Ohio State University, including EM and transfer credit, is not counted as an attempt for the purposes of the grade forgiveness rule. Once the rule is invoked, the second grade will be used to replace the first, even if the second grade earned is lower. Students who passed the course the first time and fail it the second, will lose credit for the course. Both courses remain on the academic record.”

Family Education Rights and Privacy Act – students can grant parents, guardians or other designees information releases so that their educational records can be discussed via buckeyelink.

Minor Form (Qualtrics)

Over18 Hour Petition Form – For students that want to take more than 18 credit hours for a certain semester, please complete this document and return it to 206 Atwell Hall or email it to your advisor.

Recommendation & Information Release Forms – 

Residency Petition Per Ohio State Faculty Rules, graduating undergraduate students must be enrolled in the college or the school (SHRS) from which they will receive their degree.  The SHRS Director of Academic Affairs may, on petition by the student, waive this requirement.  Each student’s reasoning for the exception is weighed against University policy.   If you are taking a course, such as a prerequisite, GE, major or minor requirement etc. (a course you want on your Ohio State transcript prior to graduation) NOT at Ohio State during the semester you plan to graduate, you must complete the  form and required documentation by the stated deadline on the form.

Transfer of License to Another State

After graduation and throughout your career, if you move to another state, you will need to have the University and program in which you graduated, certify your graduation.

Each state has its own requirements. Presently and for the foreseeable future, the process is generally similar. Most likely, you will have the registrar of the university send your transcript to the new state and with written consent by the person seeking certifying, the Health and Rehabilitation Sciences (HRS) division/program director will either write a letter or complete a provided form certifying to the new state that you completed the program satisfactorily.

Often HRS will send completed forms directly to the board, but individual state procedures vary. In addition, the state in which you are licensed would be asked to verify your license to the new state.

Please use the school’s faculty directory to locate the appropriate person within your HRS major to complete this information.  If the major has been deactivated, please email your request to