Job Opportunity: Looking to Hire Caregivers/Personal Care Attendants

Hello everyone! My name is Tyler Farmer. I recently graduated from the University of Georgia and am in the process of moving to Columbus (the Discovery District) to start my career.

I have Cerebral Palsy and need assistance with daily life tasks such as transferring in/out of bed, cooking, bathing etc. I’m looking to hire multiple people across morning, evening, and night shifts. Weekdays will have a set schedule, though I am still working through timing and logistics myself. Weekends will have more flexibility on the time of the shift(s).

During my time at UGA, I had success hiring fellow students interested in various areas of the medical field. They were able to use the experience and personal care hours gained to bolster their applications to Nursing, PA, and PT school, among others.

If interested, please send your resume to tylerfarmer471@gmail.com. Don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions you may have. After receiving your resume, I will reach out to you to set up a zoom or in-person interview (whichever you’re more comfortable with) to allow you the opportunity to ask questions and for me to assess potential fit.

Experience Required: None. Everyone’s individual needs are different, so I’ll train you on what I need.

Other Requirements: Be Punctual and Reliable- keeping a set schedule is extremely important.

Pay: Up to $15 an hour

Responsibilities: Assistance with transferring, dressing, bathing, laundry and cleaning when necessary, and other errands and daily tasks

I do have a wheelchair accessible van that I do not drive myself, so I occasionally would need to have you drive.