Things To Do Before Commencement!
Information listed below pertains to spring 2021 graduation/commencement. Please take the appropriate actions as needed.
Things to Do Before Commencement!
- Before contacting the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences Student Service Office (HRS), please check the Ohio State’s Commencement website at http://commencement.osu.edu/ to prepare for the spring commencement program. Commencement for undergraduate HRS students starts at 11am on May 9, 2021 at the Ohio Stadium. Ohio State’s Graduation Services, not HRS, is coordinating ticket distribution and arrival times.
- ACTION ITEMS: If you wish to change your name, you must quickly take action by following the steps listed on Ohio State’s Commencement website; if you will receive Latin or Special Honors, please see the section below regarding honor cord distribution. If you are not attending commencement, please submit the Commencement Absence Form to the HRS Student Service Office via HRSGradApp@osumc.edu as soon as possible as the deadline has passed. Please do not drop off the form in person to the HRS Student Services Offices in Atwell Hall since the office is closed. Finally, for those that have a diploma hold noted, check Buckeyelink and your “To Do List” immediately to determine the necessary action. Students will not receive their diploma, cords, certificate and transcripts until the hold is removed.
- For those not attending commencement, diplomas will be mailed after the commencement event to the permanent address listed on Buckeyelink for those who have submitted an excuse form. All mailings will be via regular United States Postal Service. To update your permanent address, please visit https://buckeyelink.osu.edu/task/all/update-contact-info.
- Please remember that the tassel color for HRS is KELLY GREEN. Make sure you tell Barnes & Noble at The Ohio State University Official Bookstore where you can purchase your cap and gown that you are in the “College of Medicine, School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences”, so that you purchase the KELLY GREEN
- Read the information about graduating with Latin Honors in the HRS Graduation Instructions. If you are graduating with Latin Honors (Summa Cum Laude 3.9-4.0, Magna Cum Laude 3.7-3.89, and Cum Laude 3.5-3.69), with Honors, or with Research Distinction, you will receive an Honors cord. If your spring 2021 grades and credits make you eligible for Latin Honors, you will receive an email from HRS Student Services.
To ensure the health and safety of our Buckeye community, we are offering specific dates and time for distribution. Since the HRS Student Service Office is operating virtually this semester due to the pandemic, cord distribution will not be available outside of the dates and time listed below or at Commencement. Finally, to guarantee proper distribution and maintain health and safety, HRS students must be present to pick up their cords. Family members and friends are unable to pick up cords. Please note the same cord is given for all Latin Honors-cum, magna and summa, those graduating with honors as well as graduating with research distinction. Students do not receive multiple cords for Latin Honors, graduating with Honors or graduating with research distinction. If you graduate with multiple designations, you will receive one cord. Program certificate of completion will be mailed to your permanent address after commencement along with cords not picked up during the times below.
Distribution will take place in 206 Atwell Hall during the dates and times below:
- Thursday, April 29th from 10a to 2p
- Friday, April 30th from 10a to 2p
- Monday, May 3th from 10a to 2p
- Wednesday, May 5th from 10a to 2p
- If you have completed coursework at another institution, and have not sent an official transcript to Ohio State, please complete this task immediately. Contact the Registrar’s office (where you took the course(s) and request an official transcript be sent to The Ohio State University, Professional Admissions via email@example.com or mail to O. Box 182004 Columbus, Ohio 43218-2004. If HRS Student Service is unable to certify your eligibility to graduate by 5pm, April 30 due to missing course work, you will have the option to participate in the University’s Commencement program but your diploma, cords, certificate and transcripts will not be released until all grades are transferred and posted to your academic record.
- If you are, taking courses at Columbus State this term, please complete and submit the following form to each instructor at Columbus State. Remember that Columbus State does not follow OSU’s calendar so you will need to take the final exam early to be eligible to graduate from Ohio State. If HRS Student Service is unable to certify your eligibility to graduate by 5pm, April 30 due to missing course work, you will have the option to participate in the University’s Commencement program but your diploma, cords, certificate and transcripts will not be released until all grades are transferred and posted to your academic record.
- Unfortunately, due to capacity limitations at the Ohio Union, the HRS Pre-Commencement event will not be held in person. Please contact your program director for specific information pertaining to your HRS program.
Again congratulations on your upcoming graduation!