Job Posting: Homecare Provider

Hello! My name is Matthew. I live in Dublin. I am a spirited young guy who has Cerebral Palsy, hydrocephalus, cognitive impairment, and a cortical visual impairment. I am super happy all of the time. Although I’m 25 years old, I function at a 6 year-old cognitive level. I work best with someone who is energetic and has great initiative & play skills. I am very verbal and love to converse about and play my favorite things such as bowling, Cash Explosion, adaptive camp & baseball and definitely Playstation and OSU football! Students like yourself help to take care of me. I have many orthopedic needs so it’s important that I have providers to help me implement my home physical therapy program on a daily basis. I’ve recently learned how to stand all by myself…even without the use of my newly learned forearm crutches! Being able to help me get in and out of my wheelchair and transfer me in/out of your car and my bath chair will be needed.

I’m very involved in my community. All of my activities are only possible with the assistance of a provider like you. I participate frequently in adaptive sports such as kayaking, snow skiing, biking, water skiing, baseball, rec camps, adaptive fitness, bowling, and more! I love the zoo, movies, and festivals. I’m super busy all of the time so working with me is fun! You’ll learn a lot about community access and involvement for a person with a disability!

I have a Medicaid IO waiver/PDP that I use for my provider services. The rate of pay is $15.80/hour with opportunities for raises based on performance and longevity. I am currently seeking a few care team members to work on weekends for 6 hour shifts (either 10-4 or 4-9pm) on either Sat or Sun (or both) and/or Tues and Thurs afternoons/evenings (3:30-9pm). You will start on boarding and training now and shifts begin in early January. You will not have to work on holidays.  Each semester we revise the work schedule to meet the demands of your class schedule. You will need reliable transportation and you will be asked to drive me to and from my activities (we will have a ton of fun!). This is awesome hands-on experience that leads to a great recommendation for your grad school applications! Please email my mom, Jill, at jill.stemley@gmail.com as soon as possible if interested.  She’s interviewing now! Hope to hang out with you soon!

See Full Flyer Here.