Job Posting: Aid Needed

Overview

Hi, my name is Natalie and I’m looking for a fun, caring individual to be my companion.  There’s lots of things I like to do: play basketball, kick a soccer ball, swim, play music, be around dogs of almost any kind, and most of all, I love my pasta and ice cream.

My Bio

I’m 14 years old, and  I have a rare genetic syndrome called Cardio Facio Cutaneous Syndrome, commonly known as CFC.  As far as I know, there’s less than 500 children who share my syndrome.  I have global developmental delays, vision challenges, gross and fine motor issues.  I had open-heart surgery at age 2 ½ to fix a hole in my heart, but now I’m good and do not have any restrictions. Because of my syndrome, I have sparse hair, eyebrows, and eyelashes and very itchy skin. I also wear glasses because I don’t see very well.

Medical Concerns

My biggest concern right now is my hips. I had my right hip operated on in the summer of 2019, and I haven’t recovered as well as I’d like.  I need my wheelchair when we go anywhere that requires substantial walking. I go to physical therapy  weekly and get it through school too. Any activities I can do to strengthen my hip muscles are beneficial.   

Please apply

I’m looking for someone to spend 8-12 hours a week with me. Approximate pay is $15.72 an hour. While I’m flexible on time, but during the school week I need help afterward until pasta time.  I need assistance with my bathing and getting dressed as well. I’m also available on Saturdays. That’s the most fun day for me as I have time to go to the pet store, do some grocery shopping, take a walk in the park (or downtown Dublin), and most of all, get some ice cream.  I would never ask you to be with me on holidays as that’s when I like to visit my cousins.  If interested, please call my mom Jennifer at 216-536-4816 or email her at jennysferry@yahoo.com. By the way, if need be,  I will write you an AWESOME Letter -of -Recommendation to the graduate school of your choice!

Hope to see you soon!

Natalie

Neria is my service dog.  We have a lot of fun together! She often goes where I go. 

6088 Holywell Drive

Dublin, OH 43017

(216) 536-4816 cell

Natalie’s Story

October 2020