- Anita Woolfolk Hoy Vita 2020
- Academic Autobiography: Acquired Wisdom Project, 2019
Education and Certifications
- 1969 – B.A., The University of Texas at Austin – Psychology (Minor: Chemistry) – Honors: Magna Cum Laude; Special Honors in Psychology
- 1972 – Ph.D. , The University of Texas at Austin, Educational Psychology – Honors: Phi Kappa Phi; NDEA Title IV and University Fellow
- June, 1974 One week institute, “Individually Guided Education.” Conducted by the University of Wisconsin Research and Development Center.
- June, 1975 One week institute, “New Ways of Teaching and Learning.” National Training Laboratories in Applied Behavioral Science, Bethel, Maine.
- School Psychologist New Jersey
- Psychologist New Jersey; Texas
- 2013-Present Professor Emeritus; Department of Educational Studies, College of Education and Human Ecology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, 43210.
- 10/94 – 12/12 Professor; School of Educational Policy and Leadership, College of Education and Human Ecology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- 7/86 – 9/94 Professor; Department of Educational Psychology, Graduate School of Education, Rutgers-The State University, New Brunswick, N.J.; Joint appointment with the Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology and full member of the Graduate Faculty (Psychology).
- 7/90 – 7/93 Chair; Department of Educational Psychology, Rutgers-The State University, New Brunswick, N.J.
- 7/78 – 6/86 Associate Professor, Rutgers-The State University, New Brunswick, N.J. (Department of Educational Psychology, Graduate School of Education, 1/81-7/86; Department of Education, Douglass College, 7/78-12/80); Joint appointment with GSAPP and full member of the Graduate Faculty (Psychology).
- 7/73 – 6/78 Assistant Professor, Department of Education, Douglass College, Rutgers-The State University, New Brunswick, N.J.; Joint appointment with GSAPP and associate member of the Graduate Faculty (Psychology).
- 8/72 – 6/73 Education Service Center, Region XIII, Austin, Texas; Educational Psychologist-Regional Consultant.
- 9/71 – 8/72 The University of Texas at Austin; University Fellow, intern in school psychology, and director of research sponsored by U.S. Office of Education grant No. OEC-6-72-0732-(509).
- Editor, Theory Into Practice, 1999–2012
- Associate Editor, Theory Into Practice, 1997–1999
- Associate Editor, American Educational Research Journal, 1987-1989.
- Editor, Case Series in Educational Psychology, Allyn & Bacon, 1995
Member of Editorial Boards
- American Educational Research Journal, 2002–2006
- Journal of Experimental Education, 1998–2012
- Educational Psychologist, 1997-
- Contemporary Educational Psychology, 2005-2009
- Teacher Educator, 2005-
- Review of Educational Research, 1988-1992
- Elementary School Journal (University of Chicago Press), 1985-1994
- Public Service Monographs (American Educational Research Association), 1992-1996
- Woolfolk, A. E., & Galloway, C. (Eds.). (Winter, 1985.) Classroom communication: Verbal and nonverbal [Special Issue]. Theory Into Practice.
Guest Consulting Editor
- Educational Researcher
- Educational Psychologist
- American Educational Research Journal
- Educational Psychologist
- Elementary School Journal
- Behavior Therapy
- Served as a reviewer/consultant for Wang, M. C., & Palincsar, A. S. (1989). Teaching students to assume an active role in their learning. In M. C. Reynolds (Ed.), Knowledge base for the beginning teacher (pp. 71-84). NY: Pergamon Press.
Professional and Honorary Societies
- American Psychological Association (Fellow-Divisions 15 and 16)
- Program Chair, Division 15, 1991
- Member-at-Large, Division 15, 1991-1993
- President, Division 15–Educational Psychology, 1995-1996
- American Educational Research Association
- Member of Program Committee for annual meeting, Division C, (1976, 1977, 1983, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007); Division K, (1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007).
- Co-Chair of Program Committee for annual meeting, 1987, (Division K).
- Member of Executive Council, Division C, 1986.
- Awards Committee, Division K, 1989-1991 (Chair, 1991)
- Co-Chair of Program Committee for annual meeting, 2001, (Division C5).
- Vice President, Division K, 1992-1994
- Invisible College for Research on Teaching
- Psi Chi (National Honor Society in Psychology)