About Me

Hi! My name is Leah Horan, and I am a freshman at The Ohio State University. I am currently majoring in Industrial and Systems Engineering and am pursuing a minor in business.

While attending Centerville High School, I was very dedicated in all my areas of involvement. In the classroom, I distinguished myself as a National Merit Commended Scholar, earned the Ohio Seal of Biliteracy for Spanish, and was selected as a Presidential Scholar Candidate. When I wasn’t studying, I played a variety of sports such as soccer, swim, and track, worked three different jobs, and served 100+ hours at a local hospital and other organizations. I also earned my Girl Scout Gold Award by planting a butterfly garden at my elementary school and helped to educate students about environmental conservation, in addition to being a recipient of the Rotary Youth Leadership Award.

In college, while continuing to be very committed to my studies, I am also pursuing growth in all spheres of my life. By fulling involving myself in the Mount Leadership Society Scholars Program where I am a member of the Service Committee, I strive to improve as a better leader, teammate, and advocate for positive change. I hope that by developing strong character and achieving balance in my life that I will be better suited to apply my education to a life of meaningful work in whatever career I decide, with the intent of creating a lasting, purposeful impact.