The Ohio State University, Department of Arts Administration, Education, and Policy.
- AE5684 Arts Participation, Cultural Literacy, and Audience Development. Adjunct Faculty. Building on empirical and theoretical research, this course constructs a framework to understand audience participation, understanding and reception of specific art forms. 23 Students. (Winter 2018; Winter 2019)
- AE5683 Developing Art Careers: Positioning Passion. Graduate Teaching Associate. Develop entrepreneurial, practical, and leadership skills vital to succeeding as arts entrepreneurs, arts administrators, and community catalysts in an increasingly complex creative ecology. Updated course curriculum. 15 undergraduate students (Spring 2021)
- AE5682 Nonprofit Arts Institutions, Governance and Board Leadership. Co-Teacher. Research-based, practical exploration of nonprofit boards critically examines governance policies and practices; specifically focusing on management, board and staff relations and issues of accountability. 16 students. With Dr. James H. Sanders, III (Fall 2017)
- AE5674 Creative Sector & Creative Cities. Adjunct Faculty. Examines policy experiences of U.S. and other countries pertaining to the composition, workforce, and support systems of the creative industries across non-profit, commercial, community, and embedded settings. 17 students. (Winter 2015)
- AE2367.03 Criticizing Television, online/asynchronous. Graduate Teaching Associate. General education second-level writing course for focused on persuasive writing, critical analysis, social diversity, and cultural criticism using a wide variety of television program viewing, discussing, reading, and writing. 20 undergraduate students. (Autumn 2021)
- AE3681 with Biyun Zhu, MA, Department of Art Administration, Education, and Policy, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, February 7, 2020.
- Art Education for Children with Special Needs, with Dr. Joni Boyd Acuff, Department of Art Administration, Education, and Policy, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, February 21, 2017 and March 5, 2019.
- Introduction to Arts Education, with Dr. Vesta Daniel, Department of Art Education, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, Fall 2015.
- Art Education for Children with Special Needs, with Dr. Vesta Daniel, Department of Art Education, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, February 18, 2011.
- Positioning Passion: Exploring Arts Careers, with Dr. James H. Sanders III, Department of Art Education, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, February 9, 2011.
Adult and Lifelong Learning
Careers shift and evolve. I stumbled into opportunities to teach adult learners just as I stumbled into the profession of arts administration. I fell in love with both. I used to be afraid I needed all the answers to stand up in front of all those eyes. Nobody has all the answers – they vary across time and space, and should lead to more questions. I believe in sharing ideas, theories, personal experiences, questions, and provocations, expecting to learn something new each time students and I sit together. I want to students to disrupt expectations, including their own, drawing on the past, bringing texts and ideas closer together, if in friction, with strategies to enact imagined possibilities in a world that’s impossible to keep up with. I am transparent about my life, experiences, emotions, wins, and failures. I want to model an interactive, evolving, radical pedagogy that encourages them to do the same, whatever that means for each of them. I aim to make learning physically, emotionally, socially accessible to all manner of learners. Students should be heard, respected, invested, and have some fun. My pedagogy and discussions aim to de-center privilege with the goal of building stronger individuals who see themselves as active contributors to collective communities.