Learning To Search – Module 6

The internet provides everyone with tons of resources which are free to use. Despite having pools of data provided to us, many times we still struggle to find proper or helpful answers to our questions. This module has definitely helped in the way that I conduct my research on some topic.

There are two things that that definitely stood out to me as a strategy for searching. Firstly, search statements is something knew that I learned about. It is very simple yet extremely effective.  Slide 14 talks about the using of boolean logic, for instance, words such as “and”, “or” and “not” can help to focus your findings in what you are looking for. Also, placing an asterisk at the end of a word will provide answers for the different variations of it. I found this extremely interesting.

In addition, asking the proper questions when doing research can be hard. This module revealed the major difference between regular questions and research questions. Research questions will be more effective and offer more focused results. We want the best answers possible so the only way to do that is to ask the best questions.

In conclusion, searching is also a simple skill that most students, including myself, have trouble with. Usually this causes lots of time to be wasted and produces poor outcomes. If we can learn how to research better, we will become more efficient and productive individuals as a whole.