Career Plan

A job I could see myself applying for is the job of amphibian, reptile and invasive species program manager. This job is stationed in DC with the primary purpose of being the direct contact with the association on conservation, management of the amphibian, reptile and invasive species and facilitates national collaboration on conservation issues. Most of the requirements for this job seem to be very doable in terms or graduating in 2024. One key requirement is to have some sort of biology, wildlife or environmental science degree which I plan on having after I change my major to FFW. Experience is another key requirement especially for wildlife and fish conservation. Specifically experience in state, territorial, DC or provincial fish and wildlife agencies with a clear understanding of the states fish and wildlife conservation preferences. Experience with Microsoft 356 and Microsoft office products are to be expected as with most jobs now a days to read and construct data given to you or needs to be given to others. How conservation applies to a national and local scale are also important for this job in the event that an outside business is needed to collaborate on a project. In order to make sure I can get all of these prerequisites and requirements for this job, the first one I could start with is learning about conservation of wildlife and fish nationally and move to more local areas. Of course another important step is to get my degree which if I wanted to I could get by spring 2022. If I wish to peruse veterinary school that is also an option but the fact I have so many factors to consider I am not 100% sure on my certain path to peruse. But if I choose to take a four year track to graduate I would take on a minor relating to environmental science or zoology so I could really understand more of the environmental side or more the wildlife side. Personally I would probably enjoy the zoology minor to more so focus on the animals since it relates to what I originally wanted to do which is go into a veterinary profession. With this job it is important to the future as humans have an impact on the environment and what inhabits it, it’s also our job to make sure we try to preserve the environment. With this job I can see myself in the future, seeing as I have all the requirements, successfully do this job and make a change.