September Reflection

In my Animal Science class I learned about the dairy farm on OSU’s campus and I didn’t even know we had one. Learning about the upbringing of a cow’s day to day life from birth to all other ages. It was interesting to get a virtual tour and see what went on behind the scenes. So far I have learned two big things about myself. One is that studying is very important and the other is I think I was always meant to be an extrovert. I never ever needed to study in high school, I was always able to put things off and get them done at the last minute and still get a good grade on it. But, ever since I have been at OSU I have learned that this isn’t high school or community college classes, this stuff is hard and I did not prepare myself fully. I have always marked myself as an introvert ever since middle school but when I made the friends I have made so far here I have learned that hanging out with people and being social isn’t so bad and when I can’t have those experiences it makes me sad. Something I have struggled with is trying to stay motivated during my homework sessions. Every time I try to sit down and do homework I always find myself getting bored then putting it off for later. This kills me since then I have to rush to get it done and try to attempt to learn what I need to learn in a shorter amount of time. Something I have achieved is a finding a great group of friends. That was one of my biggest concerns going into college was trying to find people to become friends with but I think I lucked out. All of my friends have been super nice, helpful and all around great people to be around. Overall with this new support system and people by myside, adapting to college has been smoother than I thought it would be.