Artifact #1

Food. Found in many forms, it is an absolute essential for life. These protein packed and nutrient enriched tacos are just a sample of all the fun fantastic foods and experiences available on and around campus. Food is so important in our culture today, but some people don’t understand and recognize the true art of food. Food is a center piece – for events, for fun, and as we most commonly see it, on the table. Food brings together friends, families, and strangers and it cultivates a special bonding experience. Food for me has built new friendships, whether it’s going to the dining hall with a friend or going to grab ice cream at UDF with a sugar deprived group of students up late studying. Creating a social construct, it has positively influenced my overall experience at Ohio State – not to mention the food at the traditions is pretty decent, and it offers plenty of additional toppings for foodies like me. Appearance is another art of food, and how the design visually impacts the consumer. Something that is meticulous, colorful, and unique is bound to seek more attention, drawing in questions from friends and strangers about your masterpiece and it establishes a better sense of appreciation for the blessings you have. Conversation, bonding, developing relationships, imploring spontaneity, and filling one’s life with new colorful, powerful, and exotic things. It’s food and it has been a significant importance to me as I’ve started my life at here at The Ohio State University.