My First Week At OSU

Coming to Ohio State University for Move-In Day, my expectations were all over the place. I expected dorm life to be challenging, but I was excited and confident about meeting a bunch of new people. I felt independent and ready for this next step. To my surprise, things have been much different than my expectations. I’ve adjusted pretty quickly to living in a dorm, however I didn’t anticipate how lonely I would feel without my friends and family. And while that is tough, I am fortunate that there are so many activities and events here at OSU designed to help me meet new people.

Welcome week was overwhelming, yet exciting. It is cool to feel such camaraderie at this school. I’m excited to start participating in Art Scholars events and other clubs. It will be nice to meet some more like minded individuals and possibly make new friends. I’m also really excited to explore the art scenes Columbus has to offer. I hope that all of us in the Art Scholars program will cultivate a close bond.

In terms of classes, it’s been very manageable so far. I like the freedom of my class schedule, although I do feel the responsibility of managing my free time (It is very tempting to just watch Netflix rather than study). I realize that it’s only been one week, so I don’t plan to get too comfortable thinking this semester will be a breeze. I feel hopeful for what will come this year and I can’t wait for Ohio State to feel like my home.