Spring Student Involvement Fair

Spring Student Involvement Fair

Campus Event Reflection

16 January 2020, Ohio Union, 4:00pm-7:00pm

First semester as a freshman at a new school comes with a lot of adjustment.  Especially at a school as large as Ohio State, the vast amount of opportunities can feel overwhelming.  Knowing the importance of getting involved but not wanting to take on too much too fast, I chose a couple of clubs I was interested in dedicating my time to first semester and channeled much of my energy into those.  However, now that it is second semester and I feel I have settled into dorm life and gotten the hang of college classes, I was excited that the school puts on a Spring Student Involvement Fair so that I could expand my involvement on campus into other areas I am interested in.  One aspect I felt was missing in my schedule first semester was community service so I wanted to find a service organization I could dedicate my time to.  Back home in Cincinnati, I worked at a veterinary clinic and I recently lost my dog to cancer, so first semester in Columbus, I found myself really missing the companionship and comfort of a dog.  I was ecstatic to find that their is a club on campus that combines both service and puppies, called 4 Paws for Ability.  I also discovered the Security and Intelligence Club, which I am hoping will be a good way to supplement my major and learn more about the intelligence career field.