Student Wellness Center Presentation

Academic Event
August 27, 2019 at Mendenhall Lab from 7-8pm

At a presentation from the Student Wellness Center for IA, we learned about all the great resources they offer as well as how we can maintain our health during our time in college. I found this presentation to be incredibly helpful. It was great to hear more about what the Wellness Center offered, many of which I didn’t know about. This presentation was particularly related to my Human Biology course this semester. In the course, our professor mentioned that we would be looking in depth into not just what makes up the human body, but also how to keep a healthy body. So, I thought our conversation that night on what resources we have to do just that and to stay mentally healthy as well was really relevant. 

Near the end of the presentation, we were challenged to set a personal goal for ourselves using the SMART goal outline. Learning the SMART goal technique helped me in turning some of my own academic and personal goals into more specific and realistic ones. For example, one of my goals is to study abroad. Using the SMART model, I said specifically my goal was to meet with someone at the Office of International Affairs and that I would try to do that by the end of the semester. 

Overall, the presentation left a strong impact on me by showing me all that OSU has to offer to its students like finance counseling, wellness counseling, and even a food pantry. It also gave me good strategies on how to use these resources and how to set meaningful goals for myself.