G.O.A.L.S.

Global Awareness is a very important trait for college students in this generation to have. There is so much happening in our world, and we should all be aware of it. In order to expand on my global awareness, I am planning on taking Spanish courses at OSU. By learning the Spanish language, I will be able to communicate with people who I would not have been able to communicate with before. Also, I am planning on going on at least one study abroad trip in order to see the world outside of our bubble at OSU.

Original inquiry is something that drives the passion for knowledge in us all. It is not enough anymore to simply be told everything that we know. It is time for us to take the next step and teach others. I am very fascinated in the idea of working in a research laboratory and preforming experiments of my own. In order to make this happen, I plan on searching my campus for multiple research positions and applying to the ones which sound like the best fit for me.

Academic enrichment means having a passion to learn. Yes, we are here to get a degree. That is a goal of almost every college student. However, that degree means nothing no knowledge has been gained to back it up. It is my responsibility to take rigorous coursework in order to challenge myself to learn new things everyday. It is also my responsibility to be engaged in the learning of each class, rather than only being there to get a good grade.

Our world needs leaders. How is it determined who is going to step up? Are certain people born already being leaders, or is it something we learn? Not everyone has what it takes to be the President of the United States, or the CEO of Microsoft. However, that is not what it means to be a leader. Being a leader simply means inspiring others to do well by your words or your actions. It is important for us all to develop the skills we need to be a good leader. I have been a captain on multiple sports teams in the past, and I was the president of a club in high school. I expect to continue the development of my leadership abilities by joiining various clubs and running for leadership positions in these clubs.

As human beings, we all have a responsibility to help others. In high school, I logged hundreds of service hours by engaging in multiple reals of service ranging from cleaning up trash, to week long mission trips building houses in Mexico. I will further my community engagement by participiating in new service projects every week through the club Health Points, and also through my involvement with the Columbus Blue Jackets Special Hockey Association.