Preliminary Program: 1997 FERM/FRHD Preconference
Preconference Family Economics and Resource Management Division
Family Relations and Human Development Division
American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences
Thursday, June 19 – 1:00 pm – Friday, June 20 – 5:00 pm:
Public Policy: Economic Impact on Children, Youth & Families
Thursday, June 19th 1:00 Opening Session:
Keynote: Public Policy: Involvement Through Advocacy for Children
Invited speaker from Children’s Defense Fund
Friday, June 20th Noon Session:
Luncheon Speaker: Welfare Reform: Monitoring Well-Being
Invited speaker from Urban League
Networking: Exhibits, Showcases & Posters
Some of the many topics to be covered in presentations and other types of sesssions during the conference include:
- Work Training Skills of Family Investment Program (FIP) Participants.
- Economic, Demographic & Attitudinal Characteristics by Family Types.
- Local Family Impact Seminars: A Model for Public Policy Education.
- Estimating Economic Impacts of Extension Programs.
- Presentations Focusing on Coalitions & Linkages.
- An Examination of the Construct Validity of Managing & Coping
- Leadership Perspectives: Responding Knowledgeably to Welfare Reform.
- Family Poverty: A Course in Family Studies & Social Work
- Work-Family Dependent Care Coalition: Impact of Family Policies.
- Midwest Small Businesses: Workplace & Personal Life Policies.
- The Vulnerable Targets of Computer Technology Fraud.
- Out-of-Pocket Health Care Expenditure Patterns Across the Life Cycle.
- Health Care Reform: With or Without Consumers?
Other Preconference information