M. J. ALHABEEB, Book Review Editor
Please contact M.J. Alhabeeb if you are interested
in writing book reviews and/or have a book you think should be reviewed.
M.J. Alhabeeb, Ph.D.
212A Stockbridge Hall
Department of Resource Economics
University of Massachusetts
Amherst, MA 01003
(413) 545-5853 Fax
A book review is an intellectual exercise in critical thinking.
It is an opportunity to examine the contents and author’s approach as they
are related to the objectives of the book and to the intended readers,
provide constructive criticism, and probably suggest positive recommendations
to maximize the benefits of the book. It is also an opportunity to:
- Read a new book and keep the copy;
- Keep up with the development of the field, update
your knowledge and that of your colleagues;
students, and other readers;
- Share your expertise with others through the evaluation
of the work that is of interest to you;
- Offer an educated comparison to similar, related,
or contrasting works;
- Explore and add a new reference to those of your teaching,
research, and practice;
- Change the pace of your usual activities by doing
If you are interested in writing a book review, let me know
about your area of expertise so I can match you up with an appropriate book.
Books are usually obtained, and reviews are assigned by the book review
editor. However, you can make an initiative and review a book of your
choice, in consultation with the editor.