The following publications were from collaborative projects that members of our team and/or Dr. Hand have worked on with other research groups.
- McRackan, T.R., Hand, B.N., Velozo, C.A., & Dubno, J. (2021, July) Validity and reliability of the Cochlear Implant Quality of Life (CIQOL)-35 Profile and CIQOL-10 Global instruments in comparison to legacy instruments. Ear and Hearing. 42(4), 896-908. https://doi.org/10.1097/AUD.0000000000001022
- Scott, K., Wissinger, J., Hand, B.N., Heathcock, J. (2021, July). Considering Domain-Specific Experiential Learning: Self-efficacy in pediatric physical therapy education. Pediatric Physical Therapy. 33(3), 163-169. https://doi.org/10.1097/PEP.0000000000000797
- Macias, D., Hand, B.N., Maurer, S., Balliet, W., Ellis, M.A., Pipkorn, P., Huang, A.T., Nilsen, M.L., Ruggiero, K.J., Williams., A.M., Marsh, C.H., Li, H., Rhoten, B.A., Sterba., K.R., Graboyes, E.M. (2021, July). Risk factors for head and neck cancer-related body image disturbance using a head and neck cancer-specific, patient-reported outcome measure. JAMA Otolaryngology. [Epub ahead of print]. https://doi.org/10.1001/jamaoto.2021.1378
- Schmidt, E.K., Robek, N., Darragh, A., Hand, B.N., Havercamp, S., Weaver, L., Sommerich, C. (2021, May). Usability, usefulness, and desirability of learning activities for sexual health education for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. American Journal of Sexuality Education. 26(3), 303-324. https://doi.org/10.1080/15546128.2021.1918305
- Schmidt, E.K., IPARR Lab, Hand, B.N., Havercamp, S., Weaver, L., Darragh, A.R. (2021, April). Sex education practices for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities: A qualitative study. American Journal of Occupational Therapy. 73(3), 7503180060p1-7503180060p8. https://doi.org/10.5014/ajot.2020.044859
- Bottema-Beutel, K., Kapp, S., Lester, J.N., Sasson, N., & Hand, B. (2021, March). Avoiding ableist language: Suggestions for autism researchers. Autism in Adulthood, 3(1), 18-29. https://doi.org/10.1089/aut.2020.0014
- Briggs, M., Ulses, C., VanEtten, L., Mansfield, C., Ganim, A., Hand, B.N., Quatman-Yates, C.C. (2021, February). Predictive factors for patients failure to show up to initial outpatient physical therapy evaluations. Physical Therapy, 101(5), pzab04. https://doi.org/10.1093/ptj/pzab047
- Schmidt, E.K., Robek, N., Dougherty, M., Hand, B.N., Havercamp, S., Sommerich, C., Weaver, L., Darragh, A.R. (2021, January). Recommendations to improve accessibility of sexual education for individuals with intellectual or developmental disabilities: A qualitative study. American Journal of Sexuality Education, 16(1), 38-56. https://doi.org/10.1080/15546128.2020.1860177
- Schmidt, E.K., Hortsman, A., Hand, B.N., Havercamp, S., Darragh, A.R. (2021, January). Healthcare providers role in providing sexual and reproductive health information to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities: A qualitative study. JARID. [Epub ahead of print]. https://doi.org/10.1111/jar.12861
- Graboyes, E.M., Hand, B.N., Ellis, M.A., Huang, A.T., Nilsen, M.L., Pipkorn, P., Marsh, C.H., Maurer, S., Sterba, K.R. (2020, November). Validation of a novel, multi-domain head and neck cancer appearance- and function-distress patient-reported outcome measure. Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, 163(5), 979-985. https://doi.org/10.1177/0194599820927364
- Faieta, J., Hand, B.N., Schmeler, M., Onate, J., Digiovine, C. (2020, September). Health App Review Tool: Matching mobile apps to Alzheimer’s populations (HART MATCH). Rehabilitation and Assistive Technologies Engineering Journal, 7, 1-4. https://doi.org/10.1177/2055668320938604
- Faieta, J., Schmeler, M.R., Schiappa, V., Hand, B.N., Schein, R.M., Saptono, A., Berner, T., DiGiovine, C. (2019, December). Evaluation of service delivery effectiveness through patient reported outcome measures. American Journal of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 98(12), 1072-1078. https://doi.org/10.1097/PHM.0000000000001245
- McRackan, T.R.,* Hand, B.N.,* Velozo, C.A., & Dubno, J. (2019, September). Cochlear Implant-Quality of Life (CIQOL): Development of a profile instrument (CIQOL-35 Profile) and a global measure (CIQOL-10 Global). Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research, 62(9), 3554-3563. https://doi.org/10.1044/2019_JSLHR-H-19-0142
- McRackan, T.R., Hand, B.N., Velozo, C.A., & Dubno, J. Cochlear Implant Quality of Life Consortium. (2019, July). Development of the Cochlear Implant Quality of Life item bank. Ear and Hearing, 40(4), 1016-1024, https://doi.org/10.1097/AUD.0000000000000684
- McRackan, T.R., Hand, B.N., Velozo, C.A., & Dubno, J. (2019, May). Association of demographic and hearing-related factors with cochlear implant quality of life, JAMA Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, 145(5), 422-430, https://doi.org/10.1001/jamaoto.2019.0055
- Hunnicutt, J.L., Hand, B.N., Gregory, C.M., Slone, H.S., McLeod, M.M., Pietrosimone, B., Kuenze C., Velozo, C.A. (2018, November). KOOS-JR demonstrates psychometric limitations in measuring knee health in individuals following ACL reconstruction, Sports Health: A Multidisciplinary Approach, 11(3), 242-246, https://doi.org/10.1177/1941738118812454
- Simpson, K.N., Seamon, B.A., Hand, B.N., Roldan, C.O., Taber, D.J., Moran, W.P., & Simpson, A.N. (2018, May). Effect of frailty on resource use and cost for Medicare patients. Journal of Comparative Effectiveness Research, 7(8), 817-825. https://doi.org/10.2217/cer-2018-0029
- Tanner, K., Hand, B.N., O’Toole, G., & Lane, A. E. (2015, September). Effectiveness of interventions to improve social participation, play, leisure, and restricted and repetitive behaviors in people with autism spectrum disorder: A systematic review. American Journal of Occupational Therapy, 69, 6905180010. http://dx.doi.org/10.5014/ajot.2015.017806
- Hand, B., Page, S. J., & White, S. (2014, March). Stroke survivors scoring zero on the NIH Stroke Scale score still exhibit significant motor Impairment and functional limitation. Stroke Research and Treatment, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1155/2014/462681
Publications led by Dr. Hand and/or our research team can be found on our Team Led Publications page.
For a complete list of Dr. Hand’s publications please see her Google Scholar profile.