G.O.A.L.S.

• Global Awareness: Students cultivate and develop their appreciation for diversity and each individual’s unique differences.
    • I plan on studying abroad in Greece my Sophmore year of college and participating in Birthright that year as well. I also want to intern at a startup company in Israel for a summer during my college career.
  • Original Inquiry: Honors & Scholars students understand the research process by engaging in experiences ranging from in-class scholarly endeavors to creative inquiry projects to independent experiences with top researchers across campus and in the global community.
    • I will be able to explore this side of Honors & Scholars when I do my engineering capstone project.
  • Academic Enrichment: Honors & Scholars students pursue academic excellence through rigorous curricular experiences beyond the university norm both in and out of the classroom.
    • Despite majoring in an engineering discipline, I plan on minoring in communications — specifically, Health, Environment, Risk, and Science Communication. This minor will push me to view the world in a completely different way than in engineering.
  • Leadership Development: Honors & Scholars students develop leadership skills that can be demonstrated in the classroom, in the community, in their co-curricular activities, and in their future roles in society.
    • I currently hold leadership positions in my sorority and constantly challenge myself to be a better leader in and out of the classroom.
  • Service Engagement: Honors & Scholars students commit to service to the community.
    • I am a part of Phi Sigma Rho’s Buckeye-thon team so that I can fundraise to help end childhood cancers. I am also an active member of the Alzheimer’s Association where I raise awareness for Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of Dementia. Finally, I am a therapy dog handler for New York Therapy Animals.