Year in Review

Coming in as a freshman at Ohio State can be a huge and exciting start yet also a very nerve racking thing. Going somewhere as big as Ohio State and meeting all new friends and tackling new and challenging classes can seem scary and at first it was. I’ve learned so much about myself, in every aspect of my life possible. I learned that college is not high school, and that you need to give yourself a break because achieving straight A’s in college isn’t realistic. I learned that meeting amazing people, something I think every freshman is nervous about, will happen and I met some of the most important and best friends during my freshman year. I learned about myself spiritually, and how good God is by involving myself in a community that shares in the save love, CRU. I learned about myself academically, you will have successes and failures, but you aren’t defined by those failures and you are more than any grade on an exam.

Although at times tough, my freshman year was probably one of the best years of my life this far. I’ve met so many amazing people through scholars, my future roommates, we’re headed back to Park-Stradley for another year. Through Cru, where I found community in people that share the same love for Jesus as I do. Attending my first Ohio State vs Michigan games was a big highlight of my freshman year and is always something that I’ll remember. One of my favorite memories was the late night ice-cream runs to UDF and movie nights in my friends dorm room. These are memories that will always remind me of my freshman year. There are many ups and downs but so many more ups.

College is hard. But appreciate the little things, and the friendships you will make and embrace the change because although it may seem hard, the change you are about to experience will make you into the person you are meant to be. So keep doing your very best, appreciate the little victories, and know that your hard work will place you exactly where you are meant to be in the end.