Hi! My name is Rachel Gursal and I’m from New Philadelphia, Ohio. In high school I was involved with many service organizations like Key Club and National Honors Society. I was also involved with sports, like basketball, and academic clubs, like Science Olympiad. Going into my freshman year my intended major is biology on a pre-medicine track. I’m academically interested in finding the specialization or the most exciting part of science for me; that will later lead me to my career. I am also apart of the Health Sciences Scholars program at Ohio State. Coming in as freshman some of my goals include being the best version of myself, while still staying true to who I am as a person. Academically my goals are to push myself to my highest potential, while accepting my failures and learning from them. Something that makes me unique as an individual is the joy I get from helping others, especially children. Service and giving back is something that I believe greatly in and I want to tie that in with my future career. As for the future, I am not completely certain on what I want to do but if it includes helping others and science, I know I’ll be happy. I am excited to see where these next four years at The Ohio State University takes me!