Gilman Scholarship Award

Words cannot expressed how thankful I am to receive this award. I applied spontaneously days before the deadline in October with thoughts that I probably won’t get this scholarship and my dream of going to Korea will probably never come true. To my amazement, I got this email notification from the Gilman Scholars program. I am happy to announce that I will be studying abroad in Korea during the summer of 2017. Studying in Korea will offer me plenty of opportunities for me to improve my language skills as I want to later serve in an Asian community after becoming a physician. Also, I want to further develop my social circle with people who are love everything Korean, ranging from TV shows to skin care! From time to time, I get frustrated and lonely for not having more people in my life who see the same passion. In Korea, I will be taking 2 classes with one Korean language and the other GE class. The trip also consists of excursions to Busan and other places in Korea!Gilman Scholarship Letter-1gkm9rm