Wooden Duck

0130161530

The artifact pictured above is a wooden duck. Though it may seem somewhat odd, wooden ducks hold a strong significance towards my life and values. Although I am not sure why, my dad’s favorite animal is the duck. For this reason, my mother allowed him to decorate our family room, the room we spend the most time together in, with a duck theme which features a variety of wooden ducks such as the one pictured above. Additionally, my father also has his work offices adorned with ducks. For this reason, to me wooden ducks represent love, family, and dedication.

Despite the contrasting views of decor between my parents, the dedication of my mother to my father’s appreciation of ducks taught me to take the little things in life easy and focus on what really matters, in this case spending time together and appreciating each other’s company. Additionally, the ducks have always reminded me of the importance to embrace the things I care about.

Since I now spend the majority of my time away from home, having my own wooden duck is a constant reminder that my family is always near, just as my father’s ducks in his work office denote that we are always with him when he is busy at the office. I am very proud of the family I come from and keep my duck on my desk as a reminder to work hard and make my family proud.