Health and Wellness: I attended a training on Suicide Awareness, which taught the participants about the warning signs of depression and suicide. College students are especially prone to depression because of the stress placed upon us in school and preparing for the future, so this training taught me how to best provide help in a loving, caring manner.

Global Awareness: I will be participating in an OSU Study Abroad trip to London this Maymester. I have never traveled to Europe before, so I am extrememly excited to experience this through a study abroad program.

Original Inquiry: I participated in research at the Ohio State School of Optometry for 6-8 hours a week during Fall Semester 2014. The project dealt with retinal imaging of rods and the imaging techniques of new technology. Recently, I have helped with research for an associate professor who is completing her PhD in the Department of Animal Sciences. Her project researches nutrition in miniature horses.
Academic Enrichment: I interviewed my State Represenative, Robert McColley last fall. We discussed how his leadership skills helped him in his political and professional career. He also spoke to me about employment and internship opportunities at the State House.

Leadership Development: I am the Education and Alumni Chair for Collegiate 4-H. Through this position, I organize training sessions to teach 4-Hers in the surrounding counties skills such as officer training, camp counseling, and applying for state-wide leadership positions. I also organize alumni events, including our upcoming event to the OSU Women’s Basketball game.
Service Engagement: I am a volunteer program leader for After-School All Stars at Moler Elementary. I volunteer one day a week for 3 hours with the kindergartners and first graders. Through this program, children from low-income families are provided with academic enrichment, crafts, physical education, and a meal.