1521876_10152125956942177_1336727481_n

Hello! My name is Amber Gruenhagen. I am a second-year Health Science Scholars student in the John Glenn College studying Public Affairs with a specialization in Public Management and a French minor. I graduated from Napoleon High School in 2014, where I was a three-sport athlete and active in many clubs. During my time growing up, I was also very involved in my county’s 4-H program and my church youth group. Since coming to Ohio State, I have become involved in Real Life, through which I lead a Bible study and have participated in spring break trips, Collegiate 4-H, the Hunt Seat Equestrian Team, and the John Glenn Civic Leadership Council. For the past year, I have worked in the Department of Animal Sciences in the 4-H Horse Extension department, where I help prepare for state-wide 4-H events.

Since coming to Ohio State, I have learned the importance of truly appreciating the education I am offered here. I am extremely passionate about both my major and my minor, which makes even the challenging classes enjoyable. My favorite class that I have taken so far is Public Affairs 2130: Civic Engagement and my current French 3101: French Grammar class. Looking forward, I am excited to spend this Maymester studying in London through an OSU Study Abroad trip, and I also hope to participate in the Glenn College’s Washington Academic Internship Program.