Learn. Grow. Eat. with the Kellogg Moser Learning Community

One of my favorite parts of my job is when I get to engage with students.  One group that I collaborate with is the students at the Kellogg-Moser Food Security and Sustainability Learning Community.  We are actively addressing food insecurity in the University District through education.  We livestream classes and events on Instagram where the students deliver peer to peer food production and food preparation content from food grown both outdoors at my building on Waterman Farm or indoors grown in hydroponic units in their dorm.  The project is titled Learn. Grow. Eat.

We will be expanding this year after last year’s COVID shortened engagement.  Our next livestream on Insta is Tuesday September 14th starting around 4:15.

They livestream on Instagram, Follow Them!!

Here is a time lapse video of the AeroFarm hydroponic unit.  You can visit this one at Houston House. We will livestream harvest and food prep of some easy meals you can make in your dorm room.

We had a 2021 Fall Semester kick off event where we hosted Dean Cathann Kress and former Dean Bobby Moser.

Follow them on Instagram!  You will be able to view the livestreams of programming. We plan to expand hydroponic production to Nosker House and Thompson Library so look for more engagement with Learn. Grow. Eat. on campus in 2021.