“In God We Trust”

A few days ago our class talked about the role of God when it came to defining what is right and wrong. Theists believe that God determines what is right and wrong and our laws should be based on that. There is a segment on PBS called “God In America” where they talk about the Founding Fathers and their different religions. They claimed that even though they had different religious beliefs, they all “professed a belief in God as the Creator of the Universe and believed that religion encouraged a moral citizenry”. I agree with this claim that our original laws were founded on christian beliefs. The website I have linked also talks about the different beliefs of the Founding Fathers. Go check it out!

http://www.pbs.org/godinamerica/people/god-and-the-constitution.html

14 thoughts on ““In God We Trust”

1. Thanks for the article. Here I found interesting moments for me. My name is Olivia Foster, I’m 30, and what happened to me when I was young has made me stronger, wiser and ready to take on anything. So now I go to church every Sunday. But the nearest church to me is far away. That’s why I rent a car from a proven company. I can recommend a great car rental service where you can choose what you need.

2. Plantation shutters always have a real look on the property with a selection of material varieties ranging from real wood, PVC to synthetic wood materials providing superior quality compared to other shutters and especially good when sourced from Australian Window Covering, Victoria.
    Plantation shutters