Freshman Year 2018-2019

Coming to college I did not think it would be much different than high school. I thought I would go to class, study and maybe be involved in some clubs. I was not completely wrong but college was defiantly way different than I expected. While going to class is very important it is not where most of your work takes place. Coming to college it taught me how to manage my time really well so that I was able to get all my work done but also be able to have time to do things I enjoy. I was able to get involved in two clubs which I was really passionate about. With being involved in clubs it taught me leadership and what it really means to work well with other. In many of my classes group work was a large portion of the class which also taught me how to work well in groups but also patience because everyone has different schedules so sometimes things do not get completed as fast as you would like. College also taught me how to work well with other in the aspect of constantly living with people. This has been an amazing experience of being able to live in the same area as people who are so different from me and have such different experiences from me. I have loved having the ability to dive into material that I am really passionate about which makes going to class so much more fun. While classes are extremely important college is not just about class, it is also about making friends and being able to grow. This year I have grown in maturity by learning to live on my own. Growing up I have always been a homebody but coming to college helped me grow and mature to be able to live on my own. The responsibilities that came with this were difficult at first but have been so helpful to me growing and becoming more mature.