Headshot

My name is Jeffrey Gray and I’m currently a sophomore here at The Ohio State University. This major combines two areas that have always been extremely interesting to me throughout my life, engineering and medical care. I grew up with a father in the medical field as a practicing physician while spending my days building with Lincoln logs, Legos, K’nex, and models. This upbringing led to a desire for woodshop, programming, CAD, and drafting classes in high school to further foster my desire for hands on experiences and engineering. Today, the product of this has come in the form of the goal of majoring in Biomedical Engineering during my stay here at Ohio State.

Outside of my coursework, I’ve become an undergraduate research assistant at the Injury Biomechanics Research Center founded by Dr. John Bolte and at the Asian Health Initiative Free Clinic provided by Asian American Community Services. Both of these experiences are allowing me to continue my interest in the medical and engineering fields as I have the goal of either pursuing a career in engineering or medicine in the future. I am also a member of the Health Science Scholars Program, Biomedical Engineering Society, Asian American Intervarsity, and Chinese American Student Association. All of these groups and activities provide something different in my life here on campus and they all are an integral part of my experience here at The Ohio State University.