I am from Ashland, Ohio, about one hour north of Columbus. In primary and secondary school I was in the Talented Development Program, I took honors classes and was the salutatorian of my class. I take pride in challenging myself and gaining new knowledge to grow myself as a citizen of the world. I joined the scholars program to continue to honor this value. As a scholar at The Ohio State University I have already begun to see that scholars take one step beyond that of the regular student. They go above and beyond to get involved and work towards leadership positions on campus in practice for the real world. The Architecture, Landscape and City scholars program holds true to all of these attributes. I chose to be a part of the Architecture, Landscape and City program because I am majoring in civil engineering. Architects and civil engineers plan and problem solve in similar ways. The experiences I get from this program benefit architects as much as they benefit an engineer. One  specific experience I have had while in scholars is that I have been able to see the construction/design plans for the north campus construction. Having the opportunity to be apart of what is going on around us and getting a glimpse of what our jobs will look like in the future inspires me to work hard and learn as much as I can.