G.O.A.L.S.

The G.O.A.L.S. acronym stands for Global Awareness, Original Inquiry, Academic Enrichment, Leadership Development, and Service Engagement. I strive to accomplish all of these goals by the end of my time at OSU.

My whole childhood and adolesce I have traveled the world with my family experiencing different cultures and traditions.  At the end of my freshmen year, I hope to continue to so by going on a birthright trip to Isreal with students from the university. Furthermore, I want to explore the option of studying abroad in a different country or even taking on an internship in a different country. In the future, I also wish to get more involved in the Organization Operation Smile which helps children with cleft lips and cleft pallets get corrective surgery. In the past, I have sent items to children awaiting surgery, but I wish to have a more direct impact on them, such as attending missions and interacting with them.

In class, I hope to have meaningful original thoughts, whether it be through class discussion or written assignments. Outside of class, I wish to develop my own original inquiry by assisting with research across campus or anywhere that aligns with my interests.

While in the scholar’s program I hope to maintain and excel in my academics while taking rigorous courses. I will fulfill the requirements of my general education courses, and attempt to attain a minor in Art. Also, I will continue to participate in academically enriching clubs that will help me on my way to vet school such as the Pre-vet club. I would like to focus most of my attention on my animal science and major-specific courses in the years to come to truly absorb and understand the information.

Once I fully acclimate to the environment at Ohio State and learn to balance my school life and other activities, I will seek leadership positions in clubs. In the future, I will run for officer positions in clubs that I am currently a member of, and even strive to form a new club that appeals to me. I will also try and do volunteer work in the nearby community and lead by example.

Even in my freshman year, I have already begun to do community service in the communities that neighbor the university. I hope to expand the reach of my service by taking on international opportunities to assist a wider and greater variety of individuals. In the near future, I hope to go on a service trip to a different country and help the animals in that country. I wish to aid with medical services, adoption efforts, animal rights, animal education, and many other services that would be needed in third world countries.