[The Home Page will show a running blog of your recent posts, which are categorized and show on that category’s page. Please delete this post or edit with your own information.]
[ “Year in Review” is where you should reflect on the past year and show how you have evolved as a person and as a student. You may want to focus on your growth in a particular area (as a leader, scholar, researcher, etc.) or you may want to talk about your overall experience over the past year. For more guidance on using your ePortfolio, including questions and prompts that will help you get started, please visit the Honors & Scholars ePortfolio course in Carmen. To get answers to specific questions, please email email@example.com. Delete these instructions and add your own post.]
- As an international student, I see the need to have global awareness. Before I came to America, I had so many stereotypes about the people, the culture and so on, mostly based on American TV series I had seen. During these two years, I think my global awareness has improved a lot due to the following reasons. First, I experience the culture by myself. I travel lots of cities worldwide and live in the local people’s home so that I can learn more about them. Second, I like making friends from all over the world. We will share our own stories and opinions about certain stuff. Third, I actively engaged in multicultural organizations in school, such as sustained dialogue, English conversation group and so on. I will continue to explore the world and develop better global awareness.
- I am the research assistant in two labs, which means I have lots of opportunities to learn how to make presentation.
- I chose psychology as my major not because it is something I like, but is also the skills I want to get to help others in distress. I choose communication as my minor because communication is important for my future ideal job—consultant. The GE courses I chose are all considered helpful to my future career—to help me better understand the needs and thoughts of my clients. For example, through having a religious studies class, I can have a better understanding of religion and how it can help relieve psychological symptoms.
- I am working on an organization named iWanna aiming for giving psychological support for the Chinese people who live aboard. As a marketing leader, my job is to let more people know about our organization by exposing more on all kinds of social media and planning various interactive activities.
- Ongoing: as a volunteer under the organization of IFI; short-term commitment: let more people know about iWanna and provide them with psychological support. Plan: post helpful and interesting articles about psychology on social media; plan more above- and blow-the-line activities. Engage in more organizations which have volunteer opportunities.
[“Career” is where you can collect information about your experiences and skills that will apply to your future career. Like your resume, this is information that will evolve over time and should be continually updated. For more guidance on using your ePortfolio, including questions and prompts that will help you get started, please visit the Honors & Scholars ePortfolio course in Carmen. To get answers to specific questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Delete these instructions and add your own post.]
[Artifacts are the items you consider to be representative of your academic interests and achievements. For each entry, include both an artifact and a detailed annotation. An annotation includes both a description of the artifact and a reflection on why it is important to you, what you learned, and what it means for your next steps. For more guidance on using your ePortfolio, including questions and prompts that will help you get started, please visit the Honors & Scholars ePortfolio course in Carmen. To get answers to specific questions, please email email@example.com. Delete these instructions and add your own post.]
Hi there, my name is Yihui Gong! I come from Yiwu, China. My hometown is famous as “International Market”. I am a second-year Honored student majoring in psychology and minoring in communication. In the future, I plan to pursue an M.A. in industrial & organization psychology or in social psychology. I love being involved on campus and exploring my passion through extracurriculars. I was the former member of J2K, a dance club and performed several times and a former executive manager of Echo, which often holds different competition aims for Chinese students. Besides, I am a member of the psychology club and the future member in global leadership initiative. Apart from the campus involvement, I am also writing psychology-related articles and operating projects on iWanna, which is an organization aiming to provide psychology information and support for people who live aboard. Our fans are over 2000 and continue to grow at a fast speed. If you are interested in the organization, feel free to follow us on Facebook or Wechat.