Week 4/9-4/13

This week, we continued to work on our video project. iMovie was no cooperative, and we decided to switch the rest of the production to Adobe Premiere Pro. This week was spent learning the basics of Premiere Pro and how to add text slides and all the added effects with those. I also completed a food demonstration this week, I made crockpot lasagna soup and I also taught 5 ways to use baking soda. The turnout for this demo was huge and I was able to show many people how to make nutritious meals with the food they find in the pantry. For the food demos, I try to make something that all the ingredients are found in the pantry, I do this to show that even though these people are getting their food here, it is still nutritious and they are making healthy meals for their family. I also incorporated 5 ways to use baking soda, because baking soda is something we get often in the pantry, and many people do not know all the uses for it.

The rest of the week was spent working on my next food demonstration, in which I will talk about GMO food v. Non-GMO food. I also added all the photos into Premiere Pro for the video, assisted with paperwork for new volunteers, and began looking up recipes for the next food demo.Crockpot Lasagna Soup 5 Uses for Baking Soda