Year in Review

[ “Year in Review”  is where you should reflect on the past year and show how you have evolved as a person and as a student.  You may want to focus on your growth in a particular area (as a leader, scholar, researcher, etc.) or you may want to talk about your overall experience over the past year.  For more information, go to: http://honors-scholars.osu.edu/e-portfolio. Delete these instructions and add your own post.]

This year I have grown exponentially as a person. I am currently a part of Buckeye Bhangra, Ohio Health Aid, Sherniyan Di Sarkari, and the Indian American Association. With the dance team Buckeye Bhangra I have received the opportunity to travel to Raleigh, Pittsburgh, D.C., Cleveland, and College Park (Maryland) and meet teams from all across the United States. We even placed third at the National Championships. I have a team that is not only a group of friends but also a family. I have now joined another independent dance team Sherniyan di Sarkari. I never danced in high school so even trying out for the dance team was a step outside of my comfort zone. This summer I even get the opportunity to travel to Toronto and Houston to dance as well.  I couldn’t imagine my life without it and can’t wait to spend the next three years with this team.

Ohio Health Aid is another campus organization that has changed my life. It is a club full of dynamic and influential human beings and have never seen a new organization do so much. Even its inaugural screening went quite smoothly despite the many challenges it faced. I cannot wait to be its chief of finance this upcoming year. With the Indian American Association I got to experience my first leadership position on campus as the freshman representative. Helping host a fall cultural show, the Big Sib Lil Sib program, and other cultural events across campus. Next year I look forward to being on its executive board as the Big Sib Lil Sib Coordinator.

Next year I can’t wait to host more events with all of these organizations and travel to more states with my team to compete. I hope to continue doing just as well academically as I did this year and hope I can balance schoolwork well with my extracurriculars. I hope to start research in nutrition and volunteer at a the Columbus dental free clinic and start shadowing.