About Me

Hello! My name is Sylvia Ghotra and I’m from Macedonia, Ohio. I will be a 2nd-year microbiology major in the Biological Sciences Scholars Program in the Autumn 2021 semester. I’m determined to major in microbiology in hopes of attending medical school in the future so I may pursue a career in which I will be able to help others with their health and exert a positive influence over their lives. Moreover, I intend to go to medical school to expand my knowledge of life in general. I’m intrigued by the human body and all of the meticulous aspects that go into its existence and function. Medical school will allow me to constantly learn new things by facing challenges that provoke critical thinking and apply the lessons that I will acquire in life.

Throughout high school, I was a part of the tennis team, National Honor Society, Leadership Council, Math Club, and Spanish Club. I also loved to be involved in my community through acts of service. Some organizations I’ve volunteered for are University Hospitals, Rushwood Elementary’s Safety Town Program, Guru Gobind Singh Sikh Society of Cleveland (Gurudwara/Temple), Nordonia High School’s Knights Caring for Knights Program, Purses of Hope, and Nordonia High School’s Athletic Boosters Mulch Madness Program. By participating in these activities, my goals and way of thinking have evolved tremendously.