Technology Resources

In my college career, I have taken many online classes. Some I took just to fill my credit hours while others to complete my GE requirements. I got different experiences and knowledge from each of those classes but one thing that remained constant is the ways I talked about those classes and the resources I used. In this post, I want to outline some of the resources and tools I have used.

1. BuckeyeBox – This is an extremely useful resource for students to use for free. I made use of this resource the most when I was taking Eng 1181 class in my first year. This is online storage, somewhat like Google Drive but I found this more flexible to use. You can create a group and add all the people in your group to that. After that, whoever adds a file to that group, everyone else will be able to access it and use it. This will be extremely helpful when you have to do group works that require everyone to do their part and have it available soon. Also, you can transfer files from Carmen straight to BuckeyeBox so you won’t have to worry about uploading and downloading files.
  2. GroupMe – This is an app that is useful to communicate with all the group members. Everyone can download this app on their mobile devices and add all the people in their group. You can talk and discuss things about your project in this app while also be able to send photos and videos. This is a professional and easy way for group members to communicate with each other quickly
  3. Skype – While the app above easily meets the need for communication, there might be a time when the group members will have to communicate through calls for some work. In these cases, I found skype to be the most useful and easy. It can be used on the go, meaning you can either use it from your computer/laptop or your mobile devices.