Artifact #2

Community Service: Volunteer work is something I have always been involved in and enjoy doing. I have finally gotten back into volunteer work this semester after a long break to focus on schoolwork. Last month, I had the opportunity to volunteer with the organization Habitat for Humanity. I was both excited and nervous for this event as it is very different from the volunteer work I usually do. The most physical volunteering experience for me was at the most carrying around bags of gifts to deliver during the MFS Eid Toy Drive- and that is not saying much. I wasn’t sure how helpful I would be on this trip, but I found this experience really is something that anyone who isn’t afraid to get dirty can do! With our fashionable safety goggles and hard hats, we got right into working on a different job in the house. The supervisor was sure to check in on us and give us clear instructions on what to do. After a long process, I got to help install not one, but two doors on a house being built for a veteran. I can’t wait to attend more community service events where I can really get my hands dirty. I will for sure volunteer with Habitat for Humanity again, but hopefully it is warmer by then!