Ever since  I was a little girl, I have strived to succeed in every thing I do. My parents had so graciously enrolled me in 12 years of catholic schooling before I came here, to The Ohio State University. In grade school, I was a perfectionist and I would be upset with myself if I did not get an A on a project that I had worked extremely hard on. This strive to get all A’s and succeed in school influenced my decision to attend a Catholic high school known as Walsh Jesuit. At Walsh, there was much more competition because many of my fellow classmates were just as intellectually talented and driven as I was. I was introduced to an whole new world of extra curriculars, clubs, sporting events, and overall, the high school atmosphere. I was new to this, and personally, I needed to adjust while keeping up my efforts to succeed and do well in school. Throughout high school, I kept my grades up and received a 4.0 GPA. I was mainly interested in science classes because the thought of economics and business classes bored me. Therefore, when it came time to applying to colleges, I knew I wanted to be a science major and I knew I wanted to work in the medical field. I shared a deep love for working with kids and helping others and so I decided that my dream job was to work in the health care field taking care of young kids and babies in the pediatrics unit. During my last month of high school, my decision was solidified because I had the opportunity to shadow a medical doctor and experience their everyday life. I absolutely fell in love and knew that I could see myself working in a hospital taking care of young kids one day. As I journeyed off the college at Ohio State, my future goals have been even more assured. I have taken my first year of sciences courses, and although they were difficult and required a lot of work, I could not see myself anywhere else. I decided that my major would be Health Sciences and that I would go onto a Physician’s Assistant Program for grad school to become a PA for pediatrics. My future goals excite me and I know that I have the ability to accomplish everything I put my mind to. Luckily, with my driven ability to succeed and attending as big of a school as Ohio State, I have the perfect resources to help me achieve my goal of becoming a Physician’s Assistant in the Pediatrics Unit one day.