Artifacts

Image result for Babolat aero pro drive + 2013The first artifact that I would like to share would be my tennis racquet. This is because there have only been a few things that I continued from elementary school all the way into high school and playing tennis was one of them. The racquet that is shown above is the racquet I got as a 6th grader right before I started to practice for the school tennis team. This is still the racquet I have at home and the only one I use. At Osu while I have not joined the club tennis team, I still play occasionally with my friends!

My second artifact is the badge that represents the rank of Eagle Scout in Boy Scouts. I find this as having importance as I have been a part of the organization since first grade where I joined as a tiger cub scout and from there I continued where I joined boy scouts at the end of 5th grade where I eventually made my way through the ranks of Boy Scouts to the rank of Eagle Scout. After earning the rank of Eagle Scout, I then wrote and published a book, “My Journey to Eagle Scout”, as a way to give back to the scouting community. This book recounts most of my scouting experiences as well as gives tips to new scouts who have the same goal as me! Profits from the book were donated back to my troop to help fund new camping gear and supplies for the new scouts!

Image result for guitarThe third item I am having as my artifact is a guitar. This is because I have played lots of instruments in the past. I started in the first grade when I got my first guitar. I continued to play the guitar till sixth grade where I had to chose another instrument as I was a part of the school band. There I played saxophone for another 5 years and after that, I started to learn the piano. Having a musical background has highly influenced the way my college experience has gone. In the first semester of college, I joined an a cappella team named OSU Dhadkan which has made my college experience a lot more fun even during the pandemic time.

As my last Artifact, I would like to add the Buckeyethon Logo. This is important to me as it is a cause I have been interested in since high school. Back there, we have Dublin-thon. It runs on the same premise and operates the same way but was local to the three high schools. At the end of the year we also had a dance marathon for 8 hours held in one of the schools gymnasiums. I have recently been chosen as a morale captain for the club this year and as this is a more Pre-Medicine oriented club, I would choose this as my artifact. In this I will have more of a leadership role as well which will help develop me as a member of the community.