Train Ticket – Post Trip

My train ticket was one of the most necessary things to have in London. I took the train several times every day. The efficiency of the tube stations amazed me. My first night in London was New Years Eve. After the firework celebration, there was a crowd that must have consisted of thousands of people. Most of these people were heading to the tube station to go home. I almost never had to come to a stop when I was walking to the train because of how well everything was run to get the mass amount of people onto the trains. The tube maps appeared to be confusing when I looked at them before I went on the trip, but they turned out to be very clear and effective. I almost never had a problem getting to where I wanted to be in the city just by following the map.

I saw a massive tool used to dig out the land so that underground trains could be implemented. Some of the trains go so low into the ground that my ears would pop when I was down there so it must have been difficult to build such a complex system of train routes. I was impressed with how little the train system interfered with the city, for it takes up such a small amount of space above ground. Overall, the train system was very impressive and definitely necessary to travel around the city.

20160101_132812