Operating Theater – Post Trip

I got the chance to go by St. Thomas Hospital in London. The original St. Thomas Hospital is now just a church, while a more modern building was built, referred to as the St. Thomas Hospital that is used today. It was in the original St. Thomas Hospital where major medical advancements were made. These advancements were pushed forward in the operating theater, where surgery was performed on people in front of a large crowd of students.

I learned more about the medical advancements in England at the Museum of Science. Almost half of an entire floor was dedicated to the medical history of England. England made strong advancements in the use of prosthetic limbs before other countries did. Although they did have many failures with this practice, they learned from their mistakes to create a world of new technology that aids those who do not have working limbs. England made advancements early on in all sorts of medical practice, including medication, diabetes, and brain abnormalities according to the Museum of Science in London. It is for this reason that even today they are ranked second in the world in most medically advanced countries according to Forbes. The United States is at the top of this list, which makes sense to me because I understand that an unbelievable amount of research and development is done in the United States. I do think it is very cool that both the United States and England are ranked highly in this category because I find it to be an important one.

20160101_122113

Displaying 20160101_122113.jpg