Module 4: Web-Enhanced Reading and Study Strategies

Module 4: reflection

Module four was an extremely informing module for me because throughout my school experience I have struggled with remembering the things I read. Having said that, the most important thing I learned throughout this module are tips and techniques to help me recall the things I have read. Some of these tips include highlighting important information that will help you understand the topic better. I highly recommend other students to start to highlight things throughout the text that seem confusing or important. As you do that, it will make it a whole lot easier to go back and study the lessons to prepare for a possible test. Another great technique I learned from this module is to stop throughout the reading and quiz yourself. As you take breaks during the reading and quiz yourself on the things you have just read, you will be able to recall the information throughout the text a whole lot better. Younger students: this is a great technique if you constantly struggle with attaining information that you have just read. One of the techniques I have already started using is highlighting confusing, or key information. It just makes life so much easier as you need to go back and skim through the reading. I have not yet stopped during any of my readings and quizzed myself, but I am excited to start to use this technique to expand my comprehension skills.

Cites:

Lesson 4 powerpoint, slide 6.

Lesson 4 powerpoint, slide 4 and 10