Artifacts

While it might not make sense at first, I believe that this photo encapsulates my hopes and expectations for my sophomore year. This picture was taken at one of the programs that I put on at the beginning of the year. It was called “Knocking Down Social Norms” and aimed to be a fun and creative way to raise awareness of social issues. Every resident that passed by had the opportunity to write a social justice issue on one of the pumpkins with a sharpie. Then, they were given a cantaloupe and were allowed to throw it at the pumpkin stack to knock it down. I believe that this relates to my second year because over the past year in college, I have developed a wall of bad habits that are preventing me from being the best student, person, and leader that I can be. Until now, I have just been trying to climb over this wall, but this photo inspires me to knock it down and cleanse myself of that issues that cause me to struggle. I am very optimistic about the year and hope to make a lot of changes.