What’s Next?

Now that I have a full blueprint for the isolation gown and adjustable mask, including a pattern, material suggestions, and a clear process, I can move forward in creating more copies of each of these for my aunt and her colleagues. Since I have the pattern in digital form, I can now share it with other family members who also sew, and who have expressed interest in contributing their time and skills.

For my next gown and masks, I think I will continue to push my material sources, and see how I can further simplify the number of materials needed. Can I fashion my own adjustable mechanism from scratch? What other items could be used for elastic besides the sports bra? Can the mask be made to be just as effective without a nose wire?

I’ve been in communication with my aunt, and it’s been helpful to learn firsthand from her about the specific needs from this equipment. She and her colleagues are appreciative of the donation of time, materials, and effort, and it’s been a good experience to be able to do my small part from home to contribute to the need.

That’s all for now!